Christmas arrives early this year, with an attraction not far from Austin that hosts a holiday festival.
SeaWorld San Antonio gets into the festive spirit with its Christmas extravaganza, which the Marine Life Theme Park calls “the biggest Christmas event in Texas”. The happy holiday event returns for 38 days of festivities and fun starting Thursday, November 11.
The park will magically transform into a Christmas wonderland adorned with millions of twinkling lights and holiday decorations, and will host a variety of Christmas events and serve Christmas dishes created by chefs who are sure to ring your bells.
New this year for the festive celebration of SeaWorld is Coastal Christmas: news of joy, which will see the SeaStar Theater redesigned into a small coastal village where residents await the arrival of dynamic packages and the start of their holiday gift exchange. The show will include a bag full of merry Christmas tunes that visitors may want to add to their own holiday traditions by singing as a family.
In addition to the new Coastal Christmas show, SeaWorld will share the good news with a variety of other happy offerings, including:
- The Jingle Belles, an all-female musical group that sings holiday pop, jazz and soul tunes, even Scrooge couldn’t resist.
- Rudolph’s Brass Band, the lively marching band that will perform songs from the classic Christmas movie Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. SeaWorld guests are encouraged to parade and sing along.
- The holiday scavenger hunt, open exclusively to pass members, sends guests on a challenging course around the park. Those who complete all five challenges will receive a limited edition Coca-Cola beanie as a gift.
The holiday celebration also includes a few returning favorites like the Christmas market, the chance to meet Rudolph himself, along with other holiday characters, and of course, Santa’s sightings.
Return festivities include:
- Christmas-themed spaces like the Christmas Market, with a unique and very Texan Christmas tree made entirely of cowboy boots; and Christmas Cove, a 1950s-inspired wonderland; and the whimsical Snowman Village, where guests can pose with life-size snowmen.
- Holiday shows and festive animal presentations. It wouldn’t be a SeaWorld show with the stars of the park, and this year visitors can take inspiration from presentations like A Beluga Christmas and Clyde and Seamore’s countdown to Christmas. The Fiesta rocket comes to life with the Merry Mariachis, and a touching holiday story told unfolds in the Peace on earth spectacle.
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, life-size storybook vignettes featuring the classic tale that give guests the chance to meet Rudolph and other cherished holiday characters like Clarice, Yukon Cornelius and Bumble.
- The Sesame Street Christmas Parade, with festively decorated floats and shows that celebrate the magic of the holiday season. The parade features Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, Bert, Ernie and more. Families are encouraged to sing, dance and have fun with their favorite furry friends.
The makers of Jolly can indulge in holiday-inspired treats like seasonal candy and baked goods, fireside s’mores, hot chocolate and coffee, and winter cocktails, including the new Mistletoe Margarita and Santa’s Night Cap.
Park visitors who fancy a traditional festive meal can even join Mrs. Claus in her kitchen for dinner with Santa as she serves a Christmas treat, or opt for dinner with Rudolph and his friends.
And, as always, visitors can see, interact with, and learn about SeaWorld’s many marine animals, including killer whales, dolphins, beluga whales, sharks, penguins, tropical fish, sea turtles, and sea turtles. birds.
SeaWorld’s Christmas celebration runs from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. on select days from November 11 to January 2, 2022.
A 2022 season pass ($ 84.99) provides guests with daily access to the Christmas celebration, as well as the park entrance during the remainder of 2021 and throughout 2022, free parking, discounts on products and photos, access to all special events and rides on SeaWorld’s new rising tide. Tickets are available online.